TEAM MEMBER REQUIRED EQUIPMENT
Personal dive equipment
1. Gear bag
5. Buoyancy control device
6. Power inflator
7. Scuba tank (two-minimum 72 cu.ft.)
9. Alternate air source (octopus, Air II, etc.)
10. Console containing:
11. Dive computer (may integrate pressure and depth gauges)
12. Exposure suit (wet or dry including hood, booties, gloves)
13. Weight belt (2 - salt and fresh water) or weight system with quick release
14. Knife, sharp (two recommended)
15. Signaling Device (s) (whistle, flares, flasher)
1. Underwater light (two recommended)
2. Side Cutters (dykes)
3. Marker buoy (pelican float, etc.)
4. First Aid Kit
5. Lift bag (s)
6. Small "goodie" type bag
7. Decompression tables and worksheets (waterproof)
8. Spare parts kit
Specialized search equipment
JUST A NOTE REGARDING EQUIPMENT:
Used to keep buddy teams together in low visibility.
Used for low visibility circular searches. Line between rings works out to be length of an arm sweep.
Used to clip in to a line on a straight line search. Enables diver stay on a line hands free and to disengage when necessary.
Double Ended Snap (brass)
Multipurpose- an indispensable part of a public safety diver's search gear.
Anchor point for circular search patterns.
1/4" polypro line, marked in ten foot increments, useful for a variety of search patterns.
Used as a place marker on circular search patterns.
Used as a sign that area has been searched. Once deployed, Mini-Mother can be removed and used on new area.
Illustrations by Larry Butgereit and Karen Giles-Buell. Photos courtesy of Les Meredith and Charlie Curtis